By using this site, you signify your agreement to all terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein (the “Conditions of Use”). If you do not agree to these Conditions of Use please do not use this site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update or revise these Conditions of Use. Please check the Conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of this site following the posting of any changes to the Conditions of Use constitutes acceptance of those changes. This site is owned and operated by The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers, Inc. (CFILC), a registered 501(c)(3) California non-profit corporation.
When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information. For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect personal information. However, visitors may become registered users of the site to utilize advocacy tools, receive customized information or newsletters, or participate in forums and register for events. For event registration, donations and other financial transactions, we do collect personal and contact information, such as first and last name, phone and email address.
Credit card transactions are handled by third-party financial institutions, who receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. The financial institutions adhear to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards found at www.pcisecuritystandards.org
We may release personal information when such action is necessary to comply with law enforcement requirements (such as a search warrant).
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any site you visit.
Donation & Registration Refund Policy
All CFILC requests for refunds must be made in writing as indicated below.
All CFILC requests for refunds must be made in writing as indicated below. Requests must be mailed to our office, or emailed to email@example.com. Telephone requests will not be honored.
Full Refund/Cancellation of Donation: Must be made 5 Days of donation. No refunds or cancellation requests will be honored 5 Days of donation.
Exchange of Free Gift selected on Donation page: You must contact CFILC by mail or email 5 Days of receipt of item to request an exchange. No exchanges of donation will be honored after 5 Days of receipt. Receipt date will be considered 3 days after shipping date.
To request a refund or cancel donation, contact CFILC at:
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
1000 G Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Disability & Aging Community Resource Fair Booth Registration: Requests for Full Refund/Cancelation of Disability & Aging Community Resource Fair Booth Registration must be received no later than Friday, May 3, 2019. Requests received after Friday, May 3, 2019 for refund will not be honored. All requests for Full Refund/Cancelation of Disability Community Resource Fair Booth Registration must be submitted to DACAD by email only firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 3, 2019.
Unless otherwise noted, California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (“CFILC”) retains exclusive copyrights to all content displayed on disabilityactioncoalition.org. Except as specifically provided otherwise in this Policy, reprinting or reposting of the CFILC Websites or any content from the CFILC Websites on other websites without the expressed written consent of California Foundation for Independent Living Centers is strictly prohibited.
Contact For Permission to Use
For information and consent to repost information please contact: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions for Reprinting and Reposting
Original content from the DAC website may be reprinted or reposted only on the following terms and conditions:
- Reposted content must display a clickable graphic link to the DisabilityActionCoalition.org website in a prominent position on the page.
- Reposted content must display the following notice immediately below the content: “Copyright 2019 The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted with Permission from The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers, Inc.”.
- Printed copies or versions of original content from the website must contain the DAC logo no smaller than 1″ wide by 1″ long, and must display the following notice immediately below the content:” Copyright 2019 The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted with Permission from The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers, Inc.”
- Requests to repost must be submitted to CFILC in writing in advance of any posting andcontain the following information:
- Name of organization/agency making request.
- URL of website where material will be reposted or name of publication.
- Purpose of reposting or reprinting.
- Name and email address of person making request.
- CFILC reserves the right to refuse any request or requests for use of its original content. Original content from any of the CFILC Websites may not be used for any of the following purposes:
- To endorse or recommend a commercial product or service;
- To endorse or recommend or support a candidate for political office; or
- In conjunction with any religious activities or offerings.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The user of any content from the CFILC Websites agrees that all such content is taken “as is”, and CFILC expressly disclaims warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of third parties. The user agrees that any use of any of the content of CFILC’s Websites is at the user’s sole risk.
Postings and Communications
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this site, you are granting CFILC a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication or sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
This service may include bulletin boards and chat rooms (“bulletin boards”) which allow feedback to CFILC and real-time interaction between users. CFILC does not control the messages, information, or files delivered to bulletin boards. It is a condition of your use of the bulletin boards and this web site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the bulletin boards.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
You understand that CFILC has no obligation to monitor the bulletin boards. However, CFILC reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information or information, in whole or in part, that in CFILC’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
Third Party Disclaimer
CFILC has provided links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. CFILC does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on these third-party sites and is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The information in this site and the third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by CFILC or any association with its operators.
Limitation of Liability
CFILC does not warrant that the functions of the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall CFILC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use functions of the site.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that CFILC is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any of the material on this web site, or with any of these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this site.
This agreement is effective until terminated by CFILC, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the bulletin boards and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the bulletin boards, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
2019 © California Foundation for Independent Living Centers All Rights Reserved. For permission to reprint or repost this information see the Content Ownership & Usage