Disability Action Coalition is proud to partner with the California Alliance for Retired Americans (CARA) to bring you: Disability and Aging Capitol Action Day on May 23, 2019.
Disability and Aging Capitol Action Day is a day-long event mobilizing California’s aging and disability communities at the State Capitol. The day is filled with opportunities to build community, learn about and share resources, educate our policy makers and elevate the collective power of older adults and people with disabilities.
Free lunch provided for those who register.
The participant registration process includes options to request accommodations. Please submit your reasonable accommodation request by May 10, 2019.
What: Disability & Aging Capitol Action Day
- Disability & Aging Community Resource Fair
- Educational Rally at Cesar Chavez Plaza
- March from Cesar Chavez Plaza to south steps of State Capitol
- Legislative Visits
- More than 1,000 people with disabilities of all ages, older adults, family, friends, and allies from across California.
- Over 40 Disability & Aging Community Resource Fair Vendors
- All are welcome
When: Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10:00am
Cesar Chavez Plaza
901 “I” Street